Friday, July 31, 2009

I Love Palak Paneer (Spinach and Cheese Curry)

This luscious spinach and cheese dish comes from Northern India, the home of paneer, a fresh cow-milk cheese similar to ricotta. It's sold near the feta and haloumi in supermarkets, either of these two cheeses can replace paneer here, but the results wont be exactly the same.
When I made this, I did use a soft feta, which melted into the spinach and gave me the most creamy rich curry you can imagine.
I also upped the amount of the garam masala, to give a hotter result, and I sauteed some shrimps in garlic and butter, and served them with the curry, we enjoyed an excellent meal!
The recipe is taken from Australian Womens Weekly, New Curries -- posted by Karen Elizabeth

Read More...

[Source: Recipezaar: Newest recipes - Posted by FreeAutoBlogger]

No comments: